Sunday, November 29, 2009

Dance those blues away!

I have to be honest with you I'm really fighting the Christmas blues. Usually by now I have the tree up and working on the outside. I would have already been shopping. I have nothing done at all! I put up a couple of decorations to satisfy the pleas coming from the kids. I really am so thankful for sooooo much. Really I am. This ultimatily has been a very rough season for us ( this past fall)- financially. God is so taking us on a journey that is just stretching us beyond stretching- well at least thats the way it feels. So if you have been following my blog you know we are praying for breakthrough. Our loans for the business have not come through yet - its actually been a very cruelling process. And many of our clients are simply just not paying. So its been a very triing time in our house. Papa is making provision though.

This morning as I was laying in bed talking with the Lord - I think I was sorta whining. Yep I said whining. Ugh I hate sounding like a whiner. And that is exactly what I sounded like. It actually made me mad. I was like Lord I need to know that you love me and your here for me - bla bla bla. I'm serious. I just stopped and thought about if I was standing by God and listening to me and then I was like wow I sound like a wimpy baby! Boy did that fire me up. So I changed my frame of thinking - So this is sorta what my conversation changed too. " ok Lord the truth is I love you. and I am so hungry for you! I am so thirsty for more of you! I long to be in your presence. To be filled with your dews of heaven. To be filled with your joy. " uhhhhhhhhhh deep breath. Ya know what just dawned on me then- the enemy has been cyphening our joy! So out of bed I jumped and up the stairs I went and fight mode I was in. I gathered the family and cranked on some worship music and said to the family "dance!" We are going to worship and dance for our joy back. So Cooper standing on his chair eating his breakfast shakin his tush. Chloe rockin and spinning w/ Mckenzie. Cade jumping up and down and Daddy doing a little twist. I love it! I am not going to let the enemy rob my joy or my love! Enough!

It changed the way I thought my day might go. Thank you Lord that you love me so!

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Way to stomp on that sneaky devil!! What a great family you have to join in with you! And may "Papa" bring all that is due you and more this week!!!!

    ReplyDelete