Sunday, January 24, 2010

Preschool - wild and wooly

So this is week 4 for me in my new ministry "the Preschool".  It has been an up and down wild and wooly rollercoaster these past weeks.  Thank you Lord for all your encouragement you have sent and all of your grace on me.   Can I just tell you that the kids truly are amazing!  We don't give them enough credit.  They are soooo sensitve to the spirit.  

Today in worship all the kids were jumping up and down to the music.  Compared to the first week - they all just stood there and looked at me and wondered what planet I just flew in from.  And when I ask them if Jesus showed them anything they are all starting to say "hey I saw this or that".  There is just a sweet peace beginning to fill the rooms and the hallways.   I feel like every week a new wall is being brought down.  You can just sence it.  This was our 4th week of walking around our Jericho.  Instead of it getting easier it is actually getting harder.  The great thing of working with this age- the kids emotions are written all over their face.  As we march around - we are warring a spirtual battle and the children are like a reflection of what is going on in the spiritual realm.  Today as we marched it was like marching through mud.  It was dreadful.  We were like pulling them (not literally).  They marched slow and it was very somber.  The first child had this look on his face that was like one who looked like he was dreading it and ready to step in poop.  Its very interesting (well to me I guess).  We have 3 more weeks of marching and the last week we are going to celebrate with shofars and worship. 

I feel like everyday God is showing me something about the preschool and giving me ideas.  So as he downloads to me I am triing to obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment