Sunday, December 20, 2009

May you have a might encounter with Christ!

This morning at church we were partaking in communion and my father said "Kelly why don't you pray since you have so much to be thankful for this week." Ya know it just doesn't take much to wreck me. I managed to choke out "thankyou father for loving us and blessing us" and I was done and my mom was bawling. Last week it was provision and then this snow storm - amazing! If God can birth a nation in a day why can't he rescue us in a day?

I was just sitting here reflecting on this past week and it seems like a dream. How can you one day be wondering how you are going to feed your family and pay your bills to wondering wait what the heck just happened to us? Ha Ha! Only our Father in heaven. I can't even tell you how many tears I have cried and how many prayers I have said. Its like childbirth. 9 months of carring around a expentancy and then the time comes and its so intense and then its done. And as you lay there holding this precious life in your hands wondering wait - its over. But the reminder of what you went through is all to vivid.

Already this Christmas season is different. I feel different. The other day my brother and I were Christmas shopping for the 1st time this season. I coudn't buy anything. I just stood there with tears in my eyes. My brother Sean just looked at me and finally said " Kelly - you got to make up your mind today- this stuff will all be gone" and I was like" I can't" - its like the story that Heidi Baker told of her first time going to a buffet and freezing up. She is a missionary in a starving nation. Well thats how I felt- sick to my stomach. Thinking we have gone with out for so long and now I have to buy gifts and I just.... well I was overwelmed. Sean grabbed my shoulder and said "God has blessed you with this money so you can bless your children". Yea. Ok. I got it. Sort of.

So as I am sitting here reflecting- I want this Christmas to be different. My heart is screaming out "Father draw me into you! Bring my family to greater intimacy with you. Take us higher. Take us deeper." I have amazing memories of Christmas and all the wonderful things our parents do to make it special. I want Papa to allow amazing mighty encounters with him this Christmas- thats what I want. I want to share this with you! I am so thankful that we were able to buy gifts for our kids. I really am. This year is going to be different and I think its going to be a beginning of a new way of celebrating this season.

Thank you father that you love us. You are amazing. Thankyou Lord for all you have done. And for all you are going to do.

It says in the bible that God has treasure stored in heaven for those that love him. I love him. I have fallen in love. Even during this time of intense testing. I still love him... well actually more. I have laid daily my worries and fears at his feet. I heard this comment from Fanz Lippi- "Prayers are effective. They are like taking a sledge hammer against a wide block cement wall. Eventually you are going to break through." ( well it was something like that)

Merry Christmas friends! May you have a mighty encounter with Christ!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, He is amazing and encountering Him will always leave us speechless! It's a wonderful thing to be overwhelmed with His love!! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete